God
Having a lot of disputes lately with mom about God. She's the typical hardcore believer, and I was too. Was.
Well, I can't really say I had been a strong believer because I was always under the influence of my mom since birth to believe in God, say prayers, sing hymns, etc etc. So it was pretty much automatic and subconscious. But now, no. I'm not the same gullible boy no more.
God. The holy entity that created us all. And be it Christians, Buddhists or whatever the religion is, we all believe in this God being. Now we can ask ourselves; Why? Why do we believe in God? What IS God anyway? Where is he? How did he come about? Endless questions, boundless explanations.
As for the why, I think I have a clue. The human brain, as explained in one of my earliest posts, The Human Brain, is a very weak, fragile system. It was never meant to withstand anything so hardcore, such as the life we're living. And especially in the Tsar regime or the Dark Ages when it was one of the most HARDCORE periods in mankind history, people really could not depend on mere mortals such as one another.
They needed this THING, which had superpowers and could do any shit in the world, AND to top it off, loved you so much so he could actually USE these superpowers FOR you. And tadah, God.
There's a book I read long ago, which I frantically yet unsuccessfully tried to recall the title, which explains that God is like a dragon in the garage.
"There's a dragon in my garage. Oh you wanna see it? Well, it's actually invisible. So you can't really see it. But it's really there I swear. Oh you wanna touch it? Well, it's actually immaterial too so you can't really touch it either. But it's really really there!"
Well, I can't really say I had been a strong believer because I was always under the influence of my mom since birth to believe in God, say prayers, sing hymns, etc etc. So it was pretty much automatic and subconscious. But now, no. I'm not the same gullible boy no more.
God. The holy entity that created us all. And be it Christians, Buddhists or whatever the religion is, we all believe in this God being. Now we can ask ourselves; Why? Why do we believe in God? What IS God anyway? Where is he? How did he come about? Endless questions, boundless explanations.
As for the why, I think I have a clue. The human brain, as explained in one of my earliest posts, The Human Brain, is a very weak, fragile system. It was never meant to withstand anything so hardcore, such as the life we're living. And especially in the Tsar regime or the Dark Ages when it was one of the most HARDCORE periods in mankind history, people really could not depend on mere mortals such as one another.
They needed this THING, which had superpowers and could do any shit in the world, AND to top it off, loved you so much so he could actually USE these superpowers FOR you. And tadah, God.
There's a book I read long ago, which I frantically yet unsuccessfully tried to recall the title, which explains that God is like a dragon in the garage.
"There's a dragon in my garage. Oh you wanna see it? Well, it's actually invisible. So you can't really see it. But it's really there I swear. Oh you wanna touch it? Well, it's actually immaterial too so you can't really touch it either. But it's really really there!"
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home