Saturday, October 10, 2009

Computer Dating - Jo Phillips

I saw you as a neutral stranger,
shut away, blinds drawn,
but you've become me, part of me,
with my passions and ideas
scrawled across your face.

Sometimes you withhold from me
and I rage and threaten
asking more from you
than you can give:
I turn my back on you
and switch off.

Now on better terms
we'll make a compromise:
I'll not try and rush you,
go leaping ahead
but will follow instructions
to the dot ...

And you'll allow me
to scroll back pages,
review and ponder
electric encounters,
rewrite our story
in Brackets and Bold

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there! It's been 12 years, but could somebody please tell me what the poem is about, i dont really get it

June 3, 2021 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home