Saturday, June 6, 2009

Knowledge Is Power

Giacomo Casanova, more widely known as simply Casanova, is a Venetian (that's what people in Venice are called I think) writer/adventurer from the 18th century. But of course he was not exactly J. K. Rowling of the 1700s, and was pretty well known for something else other than his literature. Or should I say infamous. After all, the only book he wrote was a semi-autobiography of his life.


Yes, Casanova the great womanizer. The greatEST. But he was not exactly the hunkiest guy in town, which is actually quite a common misconception amongst many. Yeah, apparently he was one of those short, average looking guys (Short people rule, baby! I mean literally. Just look at Napoleon). Why women always fell for him was due to his great charm and charisma. Apparently he was quite witty and intellectual as well (being a writer and all).



And then there's Don Juan. Although fictional, he was also one of the great womanizers, or in a more contemporary term, playboys. However, he is always constantly overshadowed by Casanova in terms of their "ability". Afterall, not many know Don Juan as much as they know Casanova. Why? I don't think it has anything to do with the issue about fictional vs non-fictional character. Afterall, batman never fails to be preferred over the neighbourhood police (unless you're being mugged then yeah better pray one of them police passes by).



They say that it's because, although Casanova and Don Juan both have had countless women in their lives, Casanova loved each and every woman he was with, despite the rather short-termed relationships, unlike Don Juan.



Maybe that's why so many people relate Casanova to PASSION, instead of YOU-THINK-YOU'RE-SO-GOOD-WITH-WOMEN-WHY-DON'T-YOU-GO-FUCK-YOURSELF, which might have been a more probable scenario. Especially for the countless women he was with. On the contrary, he is actually called THE WORLD'S GREATEST LOVER.




I thought there were few things worthy of learning from Casanova. No, not on how to be a manwhore, but how he actually acted out of passion and sincerity, despite being a philanderer. Being a Christian myself, I guess it's natural for me to put in much importance on LOVE. Since they always say that "God is love".




Also, quoting from the very famous Youtube slut Hotforwords, Knowledge is beauty (or some shit like that, I can't even believe I'm actually quoting her). There's also a Harvard saying that goes: Study an extra hour, and your future wife's face will change. The point being, knowledge is truly power, and to know more I need to start studying.




Beating around the bush for so long but once again it ends up like this - me helplessly trying to urge myself to study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home